Jennifer received her Master’s in Occupational Therapy from Columbia University in 2001. After graduating, she relocated to California where she specialized in neurological recovery. She later pursued international licensure and worked in London, England at the prestigious Wellington Hospital. Her heart has always been drawn to the mountains, and she now loves to call Asheville her home. She is one of eight Occupational Therapists in the state of North Carolina with a Board Certification in Physical Rehabilitation (this is a board-certification granted by the American Occupational Therapy Association). She is also a Certified Lymphedema Therapist from the Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy, and is Certified by the Lymphology Association of North America. She is passionate about treating a wide variety of oncological diagnoses, as well as a variety of other disorder of the lymphatic system. She is a co-owner of Thrive Therapeutics Asheville, and is determined to spend her career helping others through their own journey to wellness.
Degrees and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Public Health from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Occupational Therapy from Columbia University, New York, NY
- National Board-Certified Occupational Therapist (OTR/L)
- North Carolina Board Certified Occupational Therapist
- Board Certified in Physical Rehabilitation (BCPR) – American Occupational Therapy Association
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) – Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy
- Lymphology Association of North America Certified (LANA)
- Certified Health Coach – The Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Jennifer is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist with training from the Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy. She has worked with a wide variety of oncological diagnoses including breast, cervical, endometrial, melanoma, pancreatic, bladder, bone and a variety of other types of cancers. She has treated cancer related secondary lymphedema of the upper extremities, lower extremities, trunk, abdomen, genitals, head and neck. She provides evidence-based cancer rehabilitation to survivors with a focus on improving function and quality of life throughout the continuum of cancer treatment. She demonstrates in depth knowledge of the needs of individuals undergoing cancer treatments including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and reconstruction.